Our Ukrainian Orthodox Church on Seminole Street
Sunday August 15, 1937

Blessing of the Cornerstone, Sunday August 15, 1937.

The Very Rev. D. D. Leschishin, Pastor of St. Vladimir's Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Osyp Lersey, Chairman of the Executive, Wasyl Turchyn, Treasurer, and Paul Stepoway, Chairman of the Building Committee were among those in attendance at this historical moment ten short years after the congregation was first formed in 1927.

The formal dedication of our first Church, Seminole Street at Hickory Road, was held with the Divine Liturgy celebrated by Archbishop John Teodorovich of Philadelphia, attended by our rector, the Very Rev. Peter Zaparniuk and the faithful congregation. This historical moment saw the establishment of a centre for all religious and social activities of the congregation for years to follow.

The previous year, on November 30, 1936, the St. Vladimir's congregation became part of the newly formed Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada.

The Ukrainian Orthodox Church of St. Vladimir
Seminole Street at Hickory Road, Windsor Ontario
From 1937 to 1963